Internet Browsers all hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetblst

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
This will be in layman's terms. The new Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome, all get stuck, or hang. They take up to 3 minutes or even up to 5 minutes to unstick. Running on Toshiba Satellite. Just upgraded for free last night, and I was too tired, lazy, and dumb to do anything smart like a clean install, use a cool tool, etc.

I kinda felt like by now Microsoft might be idiot proof. I guess I proved that not to be true?

Help?

Solution
I had a similar experience when upgrading my Ultrabook from 8.1 to 10. Once 10 was finished updating, the computer performed so poorly it was unusable.

A clean install of 10 fixed everything. By everything I mean the hanging in all browsers, the constant near 100% RAM, SSHD, and CPU usage. Before the clean install both the wifi (centrino) and LAN jack plain didn't work.

My advice is to clean install 10.

theyeti87

Honorable
I had a similar experience when upgrading my Ultrabook from 8.1 to 10. Once 10 was finished updating, the computer performed so poorly it was unusable.

A clean install of 10 fixed everything. By everything I mean the hanging in all browsers, the constant near 100% RAM, SSHD, and CPU usage. Before the clean install both the wifi (centrino) and LAN jack plain didn't work.

My advice is to clean install 10.

Solution

jetblst

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

LEARNED ALOT!

Since my question I learned that on Toshiba Laptops, the original Product Key to revert back to Windows 8, will be lost with a clean install of Windows 10. I found that out after a lot of frustration with the problems you and I had.

So I decided to ensure backups were safe and I purchased a product key (once I did the clean install Windows 10 then asked for a key which there was no fix), and did a complete fresh and clean install getting rid of all my old files and whatever it was causing the problems above.

I figured that with support for 7 ending last January, and the fact I really did not like Windows 8, Windows 10 even with a few glitches will get better as we move forward.

I am happy to report that all is well and running smooth. A couple of defrag passes, disk cleanups etc and everything running well. Very fast and some neat functions in Windows 10. Looking forward to discovering more.

jetblst

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

Are you still having a smooth Windows 10 experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.