Problems Running 1080p games on 4k Screen

Svenderman

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi, I recently got a Dell Precision M4800, and im having some issues getting games to run on it. Ive tried switching the screen down to the 1080p resolution, but when i do a large 2 inch thick black border shows up around the screen. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Solution
1. Lower your desktop resolution by right clicking desktop, choose 1024x768 (choose higher if it's too small, due to black bars)

2. Use your monitor's menu button, and navigate to Image Control (or similar, I'm using an HP display, every brand is different)

3. Select "Screen Fit", "Fill to Aspect Ratio" (brands name it different)

4, Increase your resolution to 1920x1080

5. It should now work.

or

Use your graphics control panel, and disable any scaling it's doing, to make sure it's not trying to force aspect ratio.
1. Lower your desktop resolution by right clicking desktop, choose 1024x768 (choose higher if it's too small, due to black bars)

2. Use your monitor's menu button, and navigate to Image Control (or similar, I'm using an HP display, every brand is different)

3. Select "Screen Fit", "Fill to Aspect Ratio" (brands name it different)

4, Increase your resolution to 1920x1080

5. It should now work.

or

Use your graphics control panel, and disable any scaling it's doing, to make sure it's not trying to force aspect ratio.

Solution

Svenderman

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

Found the setting i had to change buried in one of the side menus. Would have never even thought to look in them. Thanks a ton!