Not sure if it is Graphics or LCD monitor going out.

cesshawk172

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I've come here a lot to look for answers, but this is my first time posting.

I recently installed a gtx 970 into my computer, and everything seems to be running smoothly. The issue I am having now, I am not sure if it is caused by the graphics card or if my lcd monitor is going out. Sometimes when I boot into windows for the first time after it has been off for the night, I will turn the monitor on and the screen will be flickering and flashing this blue-ish color. The first time it happened I assumed something was wrong with my graphics card, so I turned the computer off, but the monitor was still flickering and flashing. It took unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in to fix the issue. Since then, it has happened several times and I have played around with it while it is in its flickering state, and every time, the monitor continues to flicker and flash until it is unplugged.

So my question is, do you think it is the graphics card causing the monitor to flip out and turning of the computer just doesn't fix it? Or do you think that the monitor is going out and is having a hard time turning after windows has already booted? I'm lost. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Also, the graphics card is only a few months old, the monitor however is from around 2008.

Solution
I would say it is the monitor especially when it still does it even when the pc is turned off. could be the power board or the video controller in the monitor that is doing this. can most likely be fixed at a lot cheaper price then buying a new monitor as I've done it a few times including my 19" Samsung Frankenstein monitor.
I would say it is the monitor especially when it still does it even when the pc is turned off. could be the power board or the video controller in the monitor that is doing this. can most likely be fixed at a lot cheaper price then buying a new monitor as I've done it a few times including my 19" Samsung Frankenstein monitor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS