Second Monitor Completely Black

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Woke up this morning to my second monitor not working.

I have an Acer S232HL as my primary and a Dell E177FP as my secondary. The Acer using HDMI and the Dell using VGA to DVI with a connector. They're both connected to my GTX 770.

I've had this setup working for about a year until now. Whenever I go to turn on then turn off the Dell, the display will show for a split second then go black.

I use DisplayFusion to manage my configuration and you can see that it's working, (Using Print Screen I can take a screenshot of both monitors in action.) I just can't see it.

I'm hoping that the monitor isn't ruined since I can see it for a second when I turn it on.

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I have an old Acer that ended with a similar problem. Sadly, that was the end of the road for the little guy. I never took it to have it looked at but chances are it's something inside the monitor and not as easy of a fix as tweaking a software setting. As long as you've tried to use the monitor by itself and change where it's plugged into on the computer/gpu and swapped cables, I would start to think about replacement/warranty options. If you have a shop in town, you might be able to have them check it out for you for a few bucks before you throw in the towel.

SickSnappy

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah I think I'll just bite the bullet, deal with it for now but get a new one some time soon. thanks

TRENDING THREADS