Screen flicker and mouse reset to center of screen after certain applications open

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilscarecrow

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
After a fresh install of windows 10, certain applications produce a flicker and reset the mouse to the center (similar to when something launches fullscreen). I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and had no problem like this. I just did a clean install to get rid of junk and this seems to be the only problem. I have a gtx 980, maximus gene v mobo, asus rog swift pg278q, and another 1080p asus monitor. The drivers I installed were the graphics drivers, mobo chipset, rog swift monitor driver, and I let windows take care of the rest. What could be causing this? Also the apps that I have this problem with are Dolphin Emulator and Steam

Solution
I figured it out. My Oculus Rift DK2 was causing the problem. The sdk was present when I upgraded from Windows 7 but was not functional as of now with Windows 10. Since I did a fresh install, the sdk was removed most likely causing applications to wrongly use it or at least try to use it as a display.

lilscarecrow

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
I figured it out. My Oculus Rift DK2 was causing the problem. The sdk was present when I upgraded from Windows 7 but was not functional as of now with Windows 10. Since I did a fresh install, the sdk was removed most likely causing applications to wrongly use it or at least try to use it as a display.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.