Windows 10 Keyboard and Mouse not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkielikebacon

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Ok, so here is the (extremely frustrating) issue. I get back from a two week trip to find that my computer can now upgrade to windows 10. Great! I download the upgrade, allow it to go through and walk away. I return to find myself on the "Welcome back!" login screen where I must input my password, but my keyboard or mouse appear to not be inputting. Before you recommend that I try these things, yes I have:

-Unplugged and replugged my devices into many number of different ports.
-Restarted my computer.
-Disabled legacy usb in the BIOS. (Yes my devices work FINE when in the BIOS, but as soon as windows boots, the devices stop working.)

I have been told to reset to windows 7, but alas, I can't figure out how to reset without entering windows. I also do not have my old windows 7 disc.

So if any of you fine techies could attempt to help me in my plight, it would be much appreciated.

Solution
Hello,

Try to power the system down. Disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Power the system up (with both still disconnected).
When at the Login page, reconnect both the keyboard and mouse and let Windows re-detect the "new" hardware. This can sometimes reload the drivers to get the devices to work properly.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Try to power the system down. Disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Power the system up (with both still disconnected).
When at the Login page, reconnect both the keyboard and mouse and let Windows re-detect the "new" hardware. This can sometimes reload the drivers to get the devices to work properly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.