Geforce GTX 970 Driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiostoked55

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Hello,
I just built a computer earlier this with windows 10 month and I noticed that my machine is using the Intel Integrated 4600 Graphics than my gtx 970. I tried to down load the Win10 drivers for my card but it said this:

http://imgur.com/hXdWg7x
(v355.60)

I dont know what else to do other than ask nvidia or look for help.

The only other thing I could think of is updating my BIOS. Would this help?
Thank you for your time.

Solution
Boot into your BIOS and see if the GTX 970 is being detected. If it is, try setting your primary graphics adapter to be PCIe, as opposed to something like "auto" or "integrated." Also ensure that your monitor is plugged into the GTX 970 and not the integrated graphics port. Try checking if the GTX 970 is detected in Device Manager, or if it appears as an unknown VGA device with a yellow icon next to it. Finally, try performing a reset operation on Windows 10, and try the graphics card again.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Boot into your BIOS and see if the GTX 970 is being detected. If it is, try setting your primary graphics adapter to be PCIe, as opposed to something like "auto" or "integrated." Also ensure that your monitor is plugged into the GTX 970 and not the integrated graphics port. Try checking if the GTX 970 is detected in Device Manager, or if it appears as an unknown VGA device with a yellow icon next to it. Finally, try performing a reset operation on Windows 10, and try the graphics card again.

Solution

teknobug

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Yup I had the exact same problem when I instaslled Win 10, I tried several different ways to install the Nvidia driver and using the Geforce Experience tool worked. And go turn off download drivers in system settings > device installation settings.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Nvidia does not play well with Win 10.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia, if that doesn't work, reinstall the driver you had before on whatever OS you had.

If that still doesn't fix it, go to Nvidia and start going backwards down the revision list and try each one until you find one that works.

Which ever one you finally find that works, do a clean install of it.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.