Mic Sounds Like a Robot What Do I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noyster

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Fresh installed windows 10 and when I plug my sennheiser game zero headset in the 3.5mm jacks I sound like a robot when I try and talk. I have tried talking right after a complete wipe install with usb and no drivers and have also tried after installing the mobo drivers (Gigabyte X79-UP4). I feel stuck.

Solution
Hello,

This issue may occur due to corrupt audio drivers or settings.
I would suggest you to run playing audio troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.
c. Click "View all" and then click "Playing Audio".
d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
Please also update audio drivers from the computer manufacturer's website and check the issue.

You may as well refer to this previous thread;

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2104505/annoying-robotic-sounding-microphone-problem-love-god-make-stop.html

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

This issue may occur due to corrupt audio drivers or settings.
I would suggest you to run playing audio troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.
c. Click "View all" and then click "Playing Audio".
d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
Please also update audio drivers from the computer manufacturer's website and check the issue.

You may as well refer to this previous thread;

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2104505/annoying-robotic-sounding-microphone-problem-love-god-make-stop.html

Solution

GamerLackingKnowledge

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I realise this is a super late answer, though I have a fix.

I had the same problem with the same headset, I remedied this by removing the 'usb extension' cable that came with the headset. After directly plugging it in to the computer USB it was fixed and I've never had another issue.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a solution here.

Status
Not open for further replies.