NZXT Kraken G10 + WAKU worth it on sapphire 390

babicko

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
Hi,

I am interested on what you people think about watercooling the Sapphire 390 card with NZXT G10 + a 90$ AIO watercooler. From the reviews I see that the sapphire 3x air cooler does a decent job of keeping the core and vram reasonably cool even when OC.

So my question would be, is the additional investment (around 110$) in watercooling the card which I plan to OC a reasonable thing to do?

Thanks

skyewcw

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Water cooling your GPU is a much better investment that water cooling your CPU. CPU's don't really need that kind of cooling (yet) to push their limits; air cooling them is just fine, but GPU's can be pushed quite a bit farther with a water cooling setup. Why am I mentioning CPU's? Most people always put money towards a fancy CPU cooling setup, but leave their GPU's with stock cooling. There is nothing wrong with this since stock coolers are great, especially Sapphire's 3x air cooler, but it is really nice to see someone who is interested in water cooling there GPU instead.
With all that said, the temps will be a bit lower, so more room to OC, but you won't be able to OC it twice as much as you would with the stock cooler.
Is it worth around $110? To me, yes. To someone else, I don't know. To you, maybe.
The G10 is a great bracket and will pair nicely with a lot of coolers (just make sure you get one that is compatible).
I say go for it because I love water cooling, you will definitely be able to push your card farther with it, and the G10 is awesome looking.

Also bragging rights. Having a water cooled GPU is something you want to brag about.