Familiar.exe pop-up. System restore now cant start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malloney

Reputable
Apr 7, 2015
Hi guys,

So I tried to download the Cevo Client. then I got a popup Where Familiar.exe, wouldnt go away after restarting so I tried system recovery. Now it wont restart at all and im trying different methods. Right now im trying to recover it to an even earlier version but I think its stuck in that screen since its taking forever.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Jasper

Solution
Hello,

You may try to Reset your Windows 10 in this case. Find your way back to the Reset this PC option, and click Get Started. This time, instead of Keep my files, you will select Remove everything. Here you will have two options, Just remove my files for a quick reset, and Remove files and clean the drive; this option will take longer, but is more secure, therefore making it more useful for wiping a PC clean before selling or giving it away.

When this is done, you will have an OS that feels as if it has just been installed, and you’ll need to reinstate your account (or create a new local profile) and restore your data.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

You may try to Reset your Windows 10 in this case. Find your way back to the Reset this PC option, and click Get Started. This time, instead of Keep my files, you will select Remove everything. Here you will have two options, Just remove my files for a quick reset, and Remove files and clean the drive; this option will take longer, but is more secure, therefore making it more useful for wiping a PC clean before selling or giving it away.

When this is done, you will have an OS that feels as if it has just been installed, and you’ll need to reinstate your account (or create a new local profile) and restore your data.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.