Trying to send an individual a private message. unable to. HELP please thansk

ntucker21

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
JefferyD90 is a user who suggested to send him a message for information about wireless network problems. Don't know how to send message.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Hi there!

First, welcome to the forums! Hope you manage to find the help you need.

As for your question, this is because we have restrictions as to who can or can't do certain actions on the forums. In order to send a PM, you must first have 1 post. Seems like this is your only post so far, so that would explain why you weren't able to send one before. You should be able to now, though :)

it should also be noted that all advice should really be given out in threads so it can be double checked by other users browsing the forum for accuracy. i would be very cautious when accepting advice via pm and be on the lookout for any odd behavior if you do.

^ +1.
in PM-only, users have only one source of information and no 3rd party to verify/argue/ascertain the advices/info.
in forum threads, everyone can view the content and can weigh in as necessary. this is why forum threads are many, many times better for seeking advice or discussing issues. users don't get stuck with a single source and have a much higher chance of getting appropriate and better advice.

Xtreme_2

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
Im trying to talk to corsair joseph about something i cant get any help from anyone else, do you understand now why i would just like to send a message. I have rma's that need to be done and no help through anything else. Sorry to be rude, never had this much trouble sending a message on a forum.

you should be using the rma service through corsair directly. pm a rep here is not a substitute. also, some reps are not always active.

just because it is very mildly inconvenient for you does not make it a bad system and certainly not one worth complaining about.