Top monitor for gaming (+tv)? 1000€$ budget

Ameloma

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I'm looking for a new monitor, to replace my Acer h243hx. http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/acer-h243hx-p7130/test.html

Basically, I'm looking for "the best" gaming monitor (I also use my pc as my tv so I watch movies/other crap). Resolution should be 1080p - 2560x1440 and size 24+.

Acer XB270HU sounds interesting to me.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/acer-xb270hu-27-inch-g-sync-monitor,4238.html

Are there any better ones out there? How does this compare to my old one, other than higher resolution and size? I mean is it worse in some ways?I hate ghosting and such which my current monitor doesn't really have.

My budget is 1000€ though the cheaper the better I guess. Also, if I run that monitor at 1080p, will that make the quality lower than my old ones? I don't think I can run all games with my current setup.

Solution
So would you say that the quality will suffer greatly if I run some games at 1080p resolution?

Yes. 1440p had twice as many pixels as 1080p so its makes it look cartoony in comparison.

Does it have ghosting or some other issues like that?

Ghosting. No. It's 144hz and 4 ms response time monitor. Do you worry about acceleration with a Lamborghini?

Ameloma

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

So would you say that the quality will suffer greatly if I run some games at 1080p resolution?

Yes. 1440p had twice as many pixels as 1080p so its makes it look cartoony in comparison.

Ghosting. No. It's 144hz and 4 ms response time monitor. Do you worry about acceleration with a Lamborghini?

Solution

Ameloma

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

What I mean is that some people claim that one should always run the monitors at their native resolution. If I run this monitor at 1080p res in some games, surely it won't look worse than my old that has native 1080p.

And I was worrying about ghosting and such because I have never seen an IPS monitor that wasn't ABSOLUTE garbage for gaming. Obviously I haven't seen them all and this one sounds like it doesn't have the typical IPS weaknesses.