Looking for a new 1440p IPS monitor.

Bulld0zerFX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015
Hi,

Im fairly sure that the topic has gone through these forums lots of times and yet again here i am.

The topic says most of it.
Im currently using U2515H but i decided its time to move on and buy a monitor with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz.
The reason i am doing this is because those 60hz aren't good enough for gaming anymore.
At first i was looking for those UW 34" curved monitors but none of them are at my price point... Well the G-Sync(yet unreleased) Predator isn't....

But I had my eyes set on the Acer XB27HU, however i'm not a big fan of glossy plastic.
And at that price point i was hoping for some eye-candy when its shut aswell.

Ill set my price at 900€.

If anyone can give me some good advice i will be more than happy to listen.

Solution
I bought the first one about 3 months ago. I returned it and the second I purchased about a month ago. The QC on these are not great. If you get a 0 dead pixel low backlight bleed you can't beat this. It may take a couple RMAs to get one tho
Hello, there is only one 1440p, 144 Hz, IPS panel. It's the M270DAN02.3 by AU Optronics. The difference is price, sync tech, and aestethics. I just wanted to clear up any confusion, just incase someone thinks that 1 monitor is better than the other, in terms of picture quality, etc. No, they are exactly the same.

All the best!

Bulld0zerFX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015

Thank You for getting that out of the way. However does anyone have any suggestions for a monitor at that price point?

Is there any information for the pg279q? A release date maybe ?

Does anyone maybe use the predator. Hows the backlight bleed ?

nimbian

Reputable
May 4, 2015
As for the pg279q the panel will be the same as the predator there are a few pics out there. Release dates are rumors of Q3/Q4 of this year. I own a predator. My predator has little bleed I did have to RMA once due to a fair amount of dead pixels and dust in the first panel.

Bulld0zerFX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2015

Thanks for Your reply!

When did you buy your predator, was just after the release so it could have been a bad "patch" or awhile after and those are most likely common flaws?

nimbian

Reputable
May 4, 2015
I bought the first one about 3 months ago. I returned it and the second I purchased about a month ago. The QC on these are not great. If you get a 0 dead pixel low backlight bleed you can't beat this. It may take a couple RMAs to get one tho

Solution