my pc cant detect ethernet cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

escendol

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
hey guys, i just built my pc and installed a fresh windows 10, i tried to connect ethernet cable to my pc but win 10 still cant detect the cable. do u guys hv any suggestion??

Solution
Probably the drivers. Right-click the start menu button, and click on Device Manager. Look under Network adapters. Is network adapters there? (If you also have WiFi, it should be listed). Is the Ethernet driver listed?

If it is: Double click on it, and go to the drivers section. Click on 'update driver' if it is avaliable.

If it isn't: Click on action at the top, then try 'Scan for hardware changes.' If that doesn't work, try the 'Add legacy hardware' wizard instead. Or, try and find the drivers online. If you have to, do this from another computer and copy it over with a usb drive.

sfootie

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Probably the drivers. Right-click the start menu button, and click on Device Manager. Look under Network adapters. Is network adapters there? (If you also have WiFi, it should be listed). Is the Ethernet driver listed?

If it is: Double click on it, and go to the drivers section. Click on 'update driver' if it is avaliable.

If it isn't: Click on action at the top, then try 'Scan for hardware changes.' If that doesn't work, try the 'Add legacy hardware' wizard instead. Or, try and find the drivers online. If you have to, do this from another computer and copy it over with a usb drive.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.