Won't Detect Second Monitor; HDMI & VGA

vykn

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I'm running Windows 7 on my Gaming rig, HDMI to my primary to my Video card yet it won't detect my secondary with VGA to the MSI Gaming 5 MOBO.

I've checked and updated all drivers.

Sapphire R9 290
16GB RAM
MSI Gaming 5
Intel i5 4590

It doesn't show up under my monitors, and i've tried to manually detect it.

Solution
Check out this, might be something similar with your board.
"On many boards you can run both. Every 115x with video outputs has igpu multi monitor option in bios. Intel specifically introduced the feature alongside quicksync. But it is just simpler to run all monitors off your 650. If you still want to, in bios it's under advanced > system agent configuration > graphics configuration; enable igpu multi monitor. Then just install the intel drivers in windows." http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2029104/board-gpu-graphics-card.html

Tahnerd was able to find a setting in his bios that seemed to do the trick...
"Thanks for the help! I went to BIOS and checked for that but couldn't find it. Although I did find something else under...

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Check out this, might be something similar with your board.
"On many boards you can run both. Every 115x with video outputs has igpu multi monitor option in bios. Intel specifically introduced the feature alongside quicksync. But it is just simpler to run all monitors off your 650. If you still want to, in bios it's under advanced > system agent configuration > graphics configuration; enable igpu multi monitor. Then just install the intel drivers in windows." http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2029104/board-gpu-graphics-card.html

Tahnerd was able to find a setting in his bios that seemed to do the trick...
"Thanks for the help! I went to BIOS and checked for that but couldn't find it. Although I did find something else under
Advanced > Chipset > Southbridge
and had to change the primary GPU so that IGP was before the others. Now the monitors are all connected and fine (hopefully.) :) "

Solution

TRENDING THREADS