I have a bad WinXP Logon/Logoff Loop

Catfan67

Honorable
Aug 19, 2015
Hello, everybody, I am having major trouble logging on to my Windows XP computer. I am running Windows XP Professional Build 2600 with Service Pack 3 on an MPC model D865GLC-HYB and serial number 3766121-0001. The problem is as follows: Whenever I boot Windows XP to Safe Mode or normally (essentially with any setting), I enter an account but it says "Logging on...Loading your personal settings...*shows cursor and desktop background*...Logging off...Saving your settings... and I am taken back to the login screen. There are three problems with the solutions I have read, the first being that I don't have an installation disk or WinXP CD of any form, the second that I can't get onto the computer from either my HP Windows 7 Desktop or my HP Windows 10 Laptop (I've tried RegEdit), and the third being that I don't know the computer's name or IP as it's been years since I used it successfully (I've packed it away for said years due to my newer computer(s)). Regarding the second issue, I don't think the computer is on the network and about the third, the computer's name is shown when it says "Turn off ________" if my personal experience is correct. Does anyone have a solution for me now or am I doomed to a failed computer?

(Update 1/17/17: I found a solution from somewhere a long time ago. Sadly, I don't remember exactly where. Thanks anyway.)

peter0188

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
If you dont have the installation cd, theres no hope of fixing the problem. If you want to save valuable data on the hard drive, remove it, buy a hard-drive docking station which you connect to the other desktop/laptop & extract all the info from there. You can then format the hard drive or refit it back in the pc and buy another Windows cd & do a fresh installation.