BenQ XL2411T Flickering on startup/monitor wake

Skrylle

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
Hi. This is a problem that's been affecting me for a while.

It only happens when my monitor refresh rate is set to either 144hz or 120hz, 60 and below is unaffected. It usually starts with a white screen and after about a minute or two the flickering becomes more intensive and gradually goes over to being fine until I turn off my computer or the monitor goes to sleep.

My GPu is a Geforce GTX 680 and I'm currently running windows 10, but this problem occurred in 8.1 as well.

Here is a video of what it looks like.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojbw7QLa6Zk"][/video]

I really have no idea what could be causing this. Is my monitor breaking?

Kcsingh

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
hey bud! just a few questions, and ill give you pre-answered solutions to whether you pick option a or b
If the connection between the monitor and GPU is trough a HDMI, make sure that it's a high speed hdmi ( i know i know, ppl say it doesn't matter, but it actually does when you run the screen at above 80 hz)
To answer this if you are using an older Hdmi cable, try with a new one, should solve the problem.

Option 2, you are connected with DVI, same goes for a DVI cable as HDMI cable, but is rare, if you are using dvi, first try with a new dvi, borrow a friends or something like that, just make sure it runs on same speeds.

Seeing the video it does look like some sort of connection issue at that rate, meaning just getting a new wire might just do the job.