PC gets really slow at random on fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgnex

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
I have freshly installed Windows 10 onto my SSD and used it fine for about a week. But when I booted it up today it took ages and when it finally booted up everything seemed fine, but after a while everything became slow. For example: launching applications would cause to freeze them, webpages refused to load (yeah the internet became slow too), I couln't open files anymore and it would not shutdown either (I could push the button but it did nothing).

When I restart it (hard reset) after it became slow it took ages to boot again, then I trimmed the ssd, I ran ADW cleaner and scanned for virusses. When I rebooted it booted fast this time like normal (It didn't become slow when doing all those things). I even played some Project Cars but after closing the game and waiting for a bit everything became slow again..

What the hell is happening?

Solution
Hello mrgnex

The quickest and easiest way to rectify the problem would be to restore your PC to an earlier restore point. Since your computerwas working fine till yesterday, it would have many restore points to choose from.

You can follow the instructions given here to restore your Windows 10 PC to the point when you believe it worked fine.

Feel free to revert if you need more assistance or if you find the interface of new Windows 10 complex to reach to the System Restore wizard.

Cheers!!
Hello mrgnex

The quickest and easiest way to rectify the problem would be to restore your PC to an earlier restore point. Since your computerwas working fine till yesterday, it would have many restore points to choose from.

You can follow the instructions given here to restore your Windows 10 PC to the point when you believe it worked fine.

Feel free to revert if you need more assistance or if you find the interface of new Windows 10 complex to reach to the System Restore wizard.

Cheers!!

Solution

mrgnex

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Thank you for the advice. I found out it was caused by a download to a rather slow drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.