Most not-worth it cpus

johnmanth

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
There are so many cpus to choose from, intel, amd, core i3, core i5, core i7, fx, apus etc... you can easily find a ton of tutorials for what are the most vfm cpus, here is a list with not-so vfm cpus...

5> intel pentium g3470 - 108.50 euro
Well, new pentiums tend to be very strong for their price, even for gaming. Now the performance difference between the cheapest 4th intel pentium (g3220) and the most expensive (g3470) is less than 7% but the price difference is about 50 euro (twice as the g3220 more or less). So if your budget is tight and you must choose a pentium, g3470 it is realy not worth it...

4>amd fx-4300 - 86.90 euro
Well, fx 4300 is not a terrible gaming cpu but with less money you can get a g3258 which is a lot better and you can oc it to get even better performance!

3>amd athlon x2 370 - 60.90 euro
I would not realy consider this cpu as "gaming" one, but even for office, you can get a celeron with less than 40 euro which is more or less the same BUT it has igpu (intel hd) which may be terrible for gaming but more than enough for office use, also the celeron consumes significantly less power and produces less heat and you can save money by not using a dedicated video card.

2> fx-9590 , 9370 220 - 278 euro
I realy would consider buying a fx - 9xxx cpu a waste of money! Just get an fx-8320 and overclock it!

1> intel core i7 - xxxx (gaming only)330 - 1150 euro
Yes, just for gaming an i7 is not worth it, i7 are just the i5 with hp and 2 more mb of cache!
No game uses more than 4 cores, so i5 are more than enough! only for rendering the i7 would be worth it!

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

No matter what anyone says, AMD are good processors. Some AMD cpu's with good graphics cards can play games and edit videos very well. Intel is better though, Intel is more expensive because of this, AMD is better for using more applications because AMD goes for more cores and therefore streaming and gaming will be better (Even though this is true to an extent intel can do this fine as well). Intel though, are better for single threaded applications. This means when in an app intel can preform better than any AMD. For example the i5 4960K can preform better than the AMD x8350 in single applications such as; gaming, video editing etc. Overall AMD do offer great things for the price and no matter if anyone is a intel "fanboy" they can't deny AMD for the value, but Intel is the way to go if you have the money.

And gaming 3 cores have now started to happen and 4 cores are coming into effect soon, so this ideology would mean AMD's 8 core is useless and only just takes up more power and gives out more heat for nothing, apart from multi tasking. That is essentially what AMD's more cores are better for and not to be confused with single threaded applications, AMD may be able to preform better under more applications but would not preform to the same standard in one of the single applications like one of the Intel CPU's.

johnmanth

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014

Amd cpus are good, espesially if you do heavy multitasking or rendering, but (if you are talking about the fx 4300) it is not that good, if you get amd go at least for fx 6300!

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

I am talking about the 6300's and the 8350 processors, I did mention about the 4300 "espesially if you do heavy multitasking or rendering, but (if you are talking about the fx 4300) it is not that good" I am talkign about the current processors out, I am not going to go into detail and praise AMD CPU's that are not meant for high performance.

Swagrid

Honorable
Aug 6, 2015

You talking to me? Or both of us? If so well go look it up, you are very vague on what you mean by opinion? Intel is better, not an opinion, AMD can preform a bit better in minor areas but intel is the overall winner. Everyone should know this, search it up. And you just commented pointing out stuff without backing your justification on why we are wrong... Double standards.

TRENDING THREADS