Windows 8.1 drivers needed for Windows 10 for ASUS notebook?

Incredibruin

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I just did a reset on Windows 10 which means I can't revert back to 8.1 any more. I noticed that on the ASUS driver page for 8.1, there are some needed drivers listed that aren't listed on the Windows 10 page for it.

Here is the link that shows the differences in drivers needed: http://www.asus.com/supportonly/Q550LF/HelpDesk_Download/

I'm not sure if they expect you to have all of those by the time you upgraded to W10.

Solution
Many Windows 8.1 drivers for ASUS devices still work in Windows 10. Exceptions exist for some utilities, such as ASUS Smart Gesture, which is known to fail under Windows 10 unless it's updated to the appropriate version. In addition to this, you may also choose to install generic drivers. For example, in the site you linked, there are no audio drivers for Windows 10 listed, but there are for Windows 8.1. Rather than download these drivers from ASUS, you may go straight to the Realtek website and download Windows 10-compatible drivers from there.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Many Windows 8.1 drivers for ASUS devices still work in Windows 10. Exceptions exist for some utilities, such as ASUS Smart Gesture, which is known to fail under Windows 10 unless it's updated to the appropriate version. In addition to this, you may also choose to install generic drivers. For example, in the site you linked, there are no audio drivers for Windows 10 listed, but there are for Windows 8.1. Rather than download these drivers from ASUS, you may go straight to the Realtek website and download Windows 10-compatible drivers from there.

Solution

ivanrf

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
I compiled a list with all the latest official drivers for Windows 10:
http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10/

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share it since many ASUS users are having issues with Windows 10 caused by outdated drivers. Also, many of these drivers are hard to find in the ASUS support site.