Questions about Different Versions of Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwink95

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
Hi, I've been heavily researching computer hardware, building, and compatibility because I'm going to start my first build. I'm completely positive I know what to do except for one small, but important thing. I want to get Windows 10 (I'm not starting my build till 10 seems to be mostly bug-less) but I still can't find anywhere that tells me whether certain forms of Windows 10 are in fact the full version which can be put on another PC (obviously, only one at a time though). I won't need help installing windows as there have been innumerable articles and videos I've come across that tell me how to do that.

So my first question: is the Windows 10 on Microsoft's site actually the full version or is it more or less OEM?

Second: If I just buy an activation key (from Microsoft or other like Amazon/Newegg) and essentially create and ISO disk/usb, will that be the full version?

Third: Kinda weird thought, but if I bought Windows 8.1 and upgraded it to 10, then decided to move my version of windows to another computer after the free upgrade is gone, what happens?

Thank in advance for the help! Also, I plan on getting home edition if that matters.

Solution
Um, pretty sure you can get the full version of Windows 10 on Amazon for like $100 USD. As far as the upgrade now and need to move after free stuff ends deal, not sure Microsoft hasn't said anything about what you can do outside of purchasing a copy of Windows 10. And if you have the full version and make an .iso file and boot from disk or USB device, then it will still be the full version. And to be clear, there are not a ton of bugs in Windows 10 as it may seem. There are driver issues, but those will be updated when third party companies actually update their drivers for Windows 8.1 and 10. Netgear is the worst about this with their USB wifi adapters. Nvidia drivers are fine as long as you force the driver to stay with the one Nvidia...

jdcranke07

Honorable
Um, pretty sure you can get the full version of Windows 10 on Amazon for like $100 USD. As far as the upgrade now and need to move after free stuff ends deal, not sure Microsoft hasn't said anything about what you can do outside of purchasing a copy of Windows 10. And if you have the full version and make an .iso file and boot from disk or USB device, then it will still be the full version. And to be clear, there are not a ton of bugs in Windows 10 as it may seem. There are driver issues, but those will be updated when third party companies actually update their drivers for Windows 8.1 and 10. Netgear is the worst about this with their USB wifi adapters. Nvidia drivers are fine as long as you force the driver to stay with the one Nvidia released not to long ago for windows 10 preparation. Other than that it's probably similar driver issues that Windows 8.1 had before anyways.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS