MSI GODlike memory compatability

I'll bite. What are you going to do with 128 GB of memory?

If the memory is not on the compatibility chart, then MSI has not tested it. It might work, it might not. If you don't want to take the risk, use something from the compatibility chart.

I just looked at the chart in detail and they have not successfully run ANY set of 8 16GB sticks. If I'm right in my reading, the highest they've gotten it up to is 64 GB, with 8 double-sided 8 GB parts or 4 16GB parts from Samsung.

You might drop MSI an email and ask why they advertise it as 128 GB when it has only tested up to 64.

dubhros

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

My mother worked hard to go make sure we had a computer in the house growing up, when most people did not even know they existed. She correctly surmised this would be a way to get us a leg up in life. Last year my mom retired. I am now in a position to build her the best system possible. She may never use the full 128 GB for anything. The cost of this system is a fraction of what she spent working two jobs to ensure we had access to current technology, and I want her to know she now has a computer that can handle anything.

Thanks for the update I will email MSI directly.