My name is Nick, Here is my build. I have crashing problems. Please help.

nickpeterg

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
I'm new to Toms Hardware. I don't know where i'd ask for help. If there is a proper place to ask for help, please direct me there. I want to use this PC build for gaming, media, streaming twitch.tv streams. However the PC crashes everyday. This computer isn't stable. It's hard for me to watch a Twitch.tv stream or launch some games because the PC will crash often.
Getting back to how the PC crashes. The PC can be triggered to crash by certain steam games, or videos online.
Like terraria or watching anime on Crunchyroll.com .
I don't know why, how or when it crashes just that the PC will crash when playing Terraria or watching Crunchyroll. The PC will crash seemingly for any demanding game or not demanding game. However some games can last a whlie before crashing.
I have played Arma 3 for an hour or so before it crashed. I play League of legends often with this PC sometimes it crashes, other times not.
Gaming, Streaming anime from good sources,
playing Television series from the hard drive often makes the PC crash. I think the PC crashes when watching the TV series because the TV series files arent healthy. The TV series goes blurry, some of the screen is grey. And bam the PC crashes because of the
video. When the PC crashes, there are vertical lines going down the screen usually.
(Sometimes not). And the color of the screen is usually dark.
And then after that the PC is unresponsive and repeats sound through the speakers.
This is when i have to manually shut it down.
Anyways here are my Build specs.
My Case: Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
SSD: Western Digital Black2 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
(This is where my OS is installed, Its Windows 7.)
(This drive is dual partitioned for an Ssd and an Hdd. I use the Ssd for my windows and the hdd is empty.)
PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Graphics processor: Gigabyte Radeon R7 250 2GB Video Card
(Note to self update this part) 8 Gigabytes of ram.
A WesDigital 2TB Hdd (Holding non-Operating system files like Gaming.)

The crashes sound like they are coming from the video card crashing, which could be due to a bad card, bad power supply or too much heat. Clean out the system to make sure fans and heatsinks are good, you may want to try installing a clean Windows setup on a spare hard drive and testing things on that to rule out any software issues. After that you would need to start swapping out parts to test, try a different video card, test your card in another system, same thing for the power supply.

TRENDING THREADS