Problems completely changing language of OS to English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas2021

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
American citizen living in germany here. I purchased Windows 10 from a local electronics store for my new DIY pc build. The software was of course in german. I originally thought it would give me the option at the start of Windows installation to choose English. No such luck. I instead completed the installation in german and downloaded the English language pack from the control panel. I made it my primary language and removed the Deutsche language pack. Then I went into the Windows folder and deleted the deutsche folder from there. The problem is, my Windows is now about 95% English. I have this annoying small number of ui Windows that will pop up and be in german. Another example is before the login, the date will feature a german day of the week and the word "password" is the german word for password. How do I get this thing to 100% English?

Solution

Hello again Judas2021

In case you are displayed with the message telling that the language pack is already installed, you can try uninstalling it first and then try re-installing the same language pack same the .CAB file.

This link and this link show how you can uninstall an already installed language pack from your Windows.

Cheers!!

Judas2021

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I tried that first link and it showed me how to install the language packs via the settings menu. That's how I did it the first time. Then I tried the .cab files but it told me that "this language is already installed". What now?

Hello again Judas2021

In case you are displayed with the message telling that the language pack is already installed, you can try uninstalling it first and then try re-installing the same language pack same the .CAB file.

This link and this link show how you can uninstall an already installed language pack from your Windows.

Cheers!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.