Having a bug/programing issue (Need help fast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreDre

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
My computer has been having issues all day being slow and plain pain in the ass I been dropping frames in my games and unable to do much added to that there has been issues opening small stuff and it takening so long so I looked into it and my DISK USAGE is 99-100% I'm not a expert but I was sure that was a problem because of the RED around DISK I looked for a issue in the task manager I updated software.... I looked up the issue and found this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083595 I followed the steps to part 2 step 4

I am unsure how to change the "key" from 1 to 0...... anyone offer me some assistance I would be grateful

Solution
First, whenever you are going to make a manual registry change, export the registry so you have a back-up. (File / Export, and put the file on your desktop so it's very easy to find)

In the Registry Editor itself (assuming that you followed steps 2.1-2.3), right click on the name of the registry entry that you want to change and select Modify.

(Disclaimer, the work machine that I am using to list the steps is Win7, but it probably isn't much different now, if at all)

If things go funky, boot in safe mode, and double click the .REG file that you exported earlier.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
First, whenever you are going to make a manual registry change, export the registry so you have a back-up. (File / Export, and put the file on your desktop so it's very easy to find)

In the Registry Editor itself (assuming that you followed steps 2.1-2.3), right click on the name of the registry entry that you want to change and select Modify.

(Disclaimer, the work machine that I am using to list the steps is Win7, but it probably isn't much different now, if at all)

If things go funky, boot in safe mode, and double click the .REG file that you exported earlier.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.