Computer Engineering Doubts

G

Hello everyone,
My name is Lawrence and I'm 15 years old.
I'm planning to be a computer engineer!
Yesterday I was talking with a friend while playing "CS:GO" and I was threatened of getting a DDOS attack...
I was worried and asked my friend if that was possible via "CS:GO", since he has a strong computer knowledge, and he told me that it isn't possible, only if I was talking with the rest of the players on Skype or other service.
I started to think that my knowledge compared to him equals nothing, which made me sad...
I asked him for help and he recommended me to watch videos and search for forums, but it's so confusing that I don't have the slightest idea where to start!
So I decided to come here and ask you guys for help, if possible!
I appreciate your concern!
If any of you has steam, feel free to add me at <personal information removed by moderator>

Solution
I'm going to have you look at this in an entirely different way. To get into the better schools you're going to want to develop a portfolio of projects* and one of the best (IMO) learning tools would be a Raspberry Pi It can provide you a bit of programming exposure and some hardware development experience also. I linked the kit for the Pi since it'll get you up and going right away and includes a breadboard and accessories to experiment with. There is a huge on-line Pi community here (and others) that'll provide instruction and support if needed. Things to watch on YouTube might be "Circuit Basics" and any of the multitude of programming language videos (pick your poison there). Videos about the Raspberry Pi abound also...
I'm going to have you look at this in an entirely different way. To get into the better schools you're going to want to develop a portfolio of projects* and one of the best (IMO) learning tools would be a Raspberry Pi It can provide you a bit of programming exposure and some hardware development experience also. I linked the kit for the Pi since it'll get you up and going right away and includes a breadboard and accessories to experiment with. There is a huge on-line Pi community here (and others) that'll provide instruction and support if needed. Things to watch on YouTube might be "Circuit Basics" and any of the multitude of programming language videos (pick your poison there). Videos about the Raspberry Pi abound also.

* I'll recommend keeping a record (video or photographic for hardware, copies of programs for software) of your projects, both successful and unsuccessful - in engineering, failure can be an acceptable part of the learning experience

Solution

TRENDING THREADS