Any DVI-D to HDMI adapter/converter for a LCD monitor?

jset818

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
I recently bought this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035B4LJM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 for my Acer a221hqv, so I can use it for my Wii U. Needless to say, the adapter isn't working for me. I'd turn on the Wii U and it would just say no signal. I even asked the other buyers on Amazon before I bought it and they all said it works. Anyway, does anybody have a recommendation for a working DVI to HDMI adapter? Or if you know how to resolve my "no signal" issue for my monitor, that would be even better.

A couple of things come to mind here:
1. Your monitor should have an HDMI port on it. When left to "auto", the monitor will choose HDMI > DVI > VGA. So if you have the monitor connected to your PC via HDMI, try changing the source to DVI; or
2. If my assumption above is correct, an alternative to changing the source is to connect the Wii U via HDMI

jset818

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

My monitor (Acer A221hqv) only have two ports, VGA and DVI. No HDMI. Which is why I bought the adapter. I was thinking maybe I bought the wrong adapter. There's another one listed as DVI male to HDMI Female instead of the one I bought, which is HDMI female to DVI male. Is there a difference or are they bidirectional?