Best Budget Monitor for Gaming

Schabale

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Hello everyone. I recently upgraded my GPU to the EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked and I am looking to upgrade my monitor to match. I currently have this monitor (not very fancy):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176112

I am looking for a nice 1080p monitor for around $130 and I have no idea what to look for. Built in speakers are preferred but not needed. Any and all comments are much appreciated, thanks!

Solution
If you need a really fast monitor for games like CS or BF4 then:
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor ($131.99 @ SuperBiiz)
If you prefer beautiful colors over the fastest, then get a IPS panel:
Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Amazon)

The first one is a great monitor but TN panel. I use both a TN panel and a IPS panel monitors. The TN is for BF4 but the IPS is for slow games and movies.

Also, forget about built it speakers. They are always really weak. Just buy some computer speakers and you'll be much better off.
If you need a really fast monitor for games like CS or BF4 then:
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor ($131.99 @ SuperBiiz)
If you prefer beautiful colors over the fastest, then get a IPS panel:
Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Amazon)

The first one is a great monitor but TN panel. I use both a TN panel and a IPS panel monitors. The TN is for BF4 but the IPS is for slow games and movies.

Also, forget about built it speakers. They are always really weak. Just buy some computer speakers and you'll be much better off.

Solution

Schabale

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

Thanks for the response! How would the speed of the game matter on these two monitors? Is it due to the refresh rate?

95% of my gaming is BF4 so I need the speed of the TN panel. I really like it. My 5 year old IPS panel just can't keep up with the twitch response of the TN. Yes, it is due to the refresh rate. TN panels are faster than IPS. So, I suggest you evaluate your needs. If you want a great all around monitor then the IPS might be better. But if you are looking for a fps gaming monitor then you gotta get one with a TN panel.

Schabale

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

I don't play too many FPS games and it will definitely be used casually as well so I think the IPS would be better for me. Thanks a lot!

Yes, IPS is a much better choice for you. The colors and depth are much better on IPS.