Touchpad and keyboard won't work in windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinblade98

Reputable
Apr 17, 2014
I recently dual-booted my Windows 8 notebook with Windows 10. But the touchpad and keyboard won't work even after installing the appropriate drivers. This problem did happened before this in Windows 8 but solved by using Windows Update.

My notebook is an Aspire E5-411-C4TN. I even downloaded Elan and Synaptics driver from Acer. Tried Googled around, found nothing...

Solution
Hello,

Please try the following;

Ensure you have a USB keyboard and mouse before performing these steps, as you may not be able to use your laptop.

- Uninstall your drivers for your touchpad and keyboard.
- Restart your PC.
- Once done restarting go to the official Acer's website to download the correct drivers.
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
(Best to download the latest and updated driver for your touchpad, depending on the date of release. Your keyboard should be automatically reinstalled by Windows Update after restarting your PC)
- Perform a windows update and verify if they are any updates available from Microsoft.

If the problem still occurs, you may try a system restore and restore your PC to an earlier time...

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Please try the following;

Ensure you have a USB keyboard and mouse before performing these steps, as you may not be able to use your laptop.

- Uninstall your drivers for your touchpad and keyboard.
- Restart your PC.
- Once done restarting go to the official Acer's website to download the correct drivers.
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
(Best to download the latest and updated driver for your touchpad, depending on the date of release. Your keyboard should be automatically reinstalled by Windows Update after restarting your PC)
- Perform a windows update and verify if they are any updates available from Microsoft.

If the problem still occurs, you may try a system restore and restore your PC to an earlier time where your keyboard and touchpad was still working fine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.