Asus motherboard permanently at 114^C!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
Corsair link says asus motherboard temp0 is 114^C! It hasn't changed for days... Clock or no clock. HWMonitor says TMPIN0 is 114^C.

Asus support simply say that my h100i is not compatible with their mobos. Can anyone help?

i7 4790k
h100i with noctua f series
cm megaflow 200 intake
noctua exhaust
2x8gb kingston hyper fury x
msi gtx 980ti
250gb bx100 crucial ssd
corsair rm650 gold 80 plus

Solution
I've contacted Asus. This is what they said

"...If the BIOS is not seeing abnormal temps then it may be a software issue and not a hardware issue with the sensors. You may be getting false information from the softwares as a temperature of 115°C can melt internal circuitry and components..."

And

"Since the exagerated temperature readings are not showing in BIOS it is unlikely for the issue to be a hardware fault.

Please test the system out of the case to check for yourself if the system feels anywhere as hot as the HWMonitor and Corsair Link software tells you.

Please try using AI Suite or other monitoring softwares to see if the temp readings will be similar as HWMonitor and the Corsair Link software."

I have used AI Suite and...

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015

No, I'm sure it is Degrees Celsius. Both HWMonitor and CLink are reporting this crazy temp. It actually fluctuates between 109 and 116. I'm worried my board may be getting fried.

Cazauxx

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Try going into your BIOS and check the temperature again.

handyjarhead

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hey man,

I'm having the same problem with nearly the same setup. Same cpu/cooler and same GPU which I just installed. Computer restarts while playing BF4 for about 30 minutes but not other games.

I use a Z97-E and here is what my sensors say. I've searched about the issue extensively and it seems to be mainly an Asus thing.
ztotn3P.png

I don't use an AIO cooler but it looks like it is simply reading the wrong sensor. Is there no way for you to change which sensor it reads?

steedsofwar

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
I've contacted Asus. This is what they said

"...If the BIOS is not seeing abnormal temps then it may be a software issue and not a hardware issue with the sensors. You may be getting false information from the softwares as a temperature of 115°C can melt internal circuitry and components..."

And

"Since the exagerated temperature readings are not showing in BIOS it is unlikely for the issue to be a hardware fault.

Please test the system out of the case to check for yourself if the system feels anywhere as hot as the HWMonitor and Corsair Link software tells you.

Please try using AI Suite or other monitoring softwares to see if the temp readings will be similar as HWMonitor and the Corsair Link software."

I have used AI Suite and 114°C does not show up.

I think it's a false reading. I sure hope Asus is right. Here's to hoping.

Solution
They are right, but AI Suite reads the incorrect sensor on my board as well (it is reading the sensor in the CPU socket, not the sensor in the CPU itself, thus the temp is 20c+ lower than what everything else reports). When I asked support about it, they wanted me to RMA the board so "we can look it over". I didn't do it because IMO, there is a high chance it would come back with bent CPU pins and I would be out of a PC for about a month, not to mention the fees and shipping. It would have cost around the same for me to just buy a new board than to RMA my current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.