How Do i make a Reserved system partition to my /c: drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Demon

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
The problem is when i installed my OS the reserved partition of OS automatically get created in different drive. I want to remove that drive(Drive 0) from my pc but without reserved partition im unable to boot my OS.
take a look at the attached pic. i want to remove the 750HDD(Disk 0) drive and want a make a reserved partition on my Disk 2. So i can boot my OS without Disk 0.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
880cjx

http://

Solution
I strongly suspect that what happened was in a different order. It's likely that Disk 0 used to have your running OS (did it?) and you installed Win10 onto disk 2. Windows looks around your machine and, if it sees a disk with an existing Windows bootloader, uses that instead of adding one to the disk where you are installing the OS. That's how this usually happens.

I'll tell you the fix for Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows 10. Shut down your system and disconnect cables from all the other disks. Boot from the Windows 10 distro and choose to repair an existing installation. Although this article refers to an upgraded Win10, I suspect that it will work with a fresh installation...
I strongly suspect that what happened was in a different order. It's likely that Disk 0 used to have your running OS (did it?) and you installed Win10 onto disk 2. Windows looks around your machine and, if it sees a disk with an existing Windows bootloader, uses that instead of adding one to the disk where you are installing the OS. That's how this usually happens.

I'll tell you the fix for Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows 10. Shut down your system and disconnect cables from all the other disks. Boot from the Windows 10 distro and choose to repair an existing installation. Although this article refers to an upgraded Win10, I suspect that it will work with a fresh installation: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Please tell me if it works or not. I haven't spent much time breaking and fixing Win10, so I need your experience to teach me. Thanks.

Solution

Death Demon

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013

umm no I brought disk 0 from my friend as i was having trouble installing Os in any of of HDD's turns out i was booting USB with UEFI not with legacy. So i accidentally keep the disk 0 connected now i want to give his HDD back but can't do that.
I actually upgraded Win 10 from a fresh installation of win 8.1.

Still try the repair install. Worst case, you may have to go back to square zero, attach one and only one drive, and install WIn10. You should be able to do that directly now; after the upgrade your PC is registered as Win10 and, at least in my experience, full installs work.

I am surprised, however. I always knew that Windows would choose to install the recovery partition on a different drive for safety reasons, but if there are NO bootable drives in the system I thought that it made the one you are installing to bootable. I've never heard of it choosing to make a different drive bootable.

Death Demon

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013

''1) Open a command prompt as admin, then type the following:

bcdboot C:\windows /s C:

Hit Enter.

This command places boot files on the C: partition which is your windows.

2) Now open disk management, right click C: and click Mark active. Right click System reserved and click Mark Inactive (unless its already showing inactive).

Reboot. Once all this is successfully completed, use partition wizard boot cd to delete system reserved and pull E: to the left to use up all the space on the disk.''
That solved my problem. thanks to Bill2 from sevenforums.
And thanks to u to that ur took time to solve my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.