Windows 10 Installation Error RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jancoz90

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
Hello,

While installing Windows on my RAID 0 containing 2 HDDs I get the error:
"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation".

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

I figured the issue here might be the drivers to I tried the following drivers from my mobo's driver disc:
- No driver
- Marvell 88SE9172 RAID driver for Windows 64-Bit: \BootDrv\Marvell\miniport\amd64\mv91xx.inf (Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller)
- Marvell 88SE9172 RAID driver for Windows 64-Bit: \BootDrv\Marvell\storport\amd64\mvs91xx.inf (Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller)
- AMD SB950 RAID Driver for Windows 64-Bit: \BootDrv\Hw7\RAID\x64\ahcix64s.inf (AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller)

Some of the drivers I tested may not make sense but I just followed the instructions from my motherboard's manual to set up RAID 0. I used the AMD setup to setup my RAID, not the Marvell one but I figured I might as well give those drivers a shot.

I'm not even sure the drivers are the problem, I just think it's the most likely cause because you have to select your driver manually and I might have selected the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.