Asrock 990fx extreme 4 and realtek (Mic problem)

Aville

Reputable
May 5, 2015
Hi, I have a problem that I couldn't solve myself even with the help of others threads. So Basically I bought this used setup. FX-8350 and asrock 990fx extreme4. And well I got it working really well nothing wrong until I wanted to speak with my friends on teamspeak (could be any other software). So they couldn't hear me and I was wondering what's wrong. I checked realtek and recording devices and in realtek the backpanel is fully greyed. And in the recording devices the microphone says not plugged in and then there's this thing called front mic. I have my headset plugged to the backpanel in the headphones (green) jack and the mic in (pink) jack. But realtek says I've plugged them to the front panel. The headphones work fine but I can't get the mic to work. I tried plugging both jacks to the front panel but then I didn't get anything but that's probably because I've not plugged the front jacks in the motherboard. I also tried remapping the "frontmic" to the normal mic in and no help it still says mic-in and below it (frontmic). I hope I can get some answers from this post .

Specs:
FX-8350
asrock 990fx extreme4
Gigabyte Amd radeon hd6970 dc2
G.skill 8gb 1866mhz
hdd and ssd
Win10
corsair cx600

Aville

Reputable
May 5, 2015
Didn't come up with a solution and I got SO much help from this thread guys I have to thank you. :) Fixed it with buying a new soundcard. Works like a charm.

Biker1bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
I am having the exact same issue.. I have managed to fiddle with the southbridge in the bios and that has gotten it working but with huge feedback issues, and one time I got it so my buddies in TS could here me, but everytime I would push my PTT button they said they heard a huge CLICK sound and it it was not usable.

What sound card did you go with? I am using an Nvidia card and it has created devices for that as well..

James