Tom's Hardware Giveaway - Community's Choice!

Which game should Tom's Hardware give away this week?

• Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • Gone Home

Votes: 29 39.7%

• Total voters

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
It’s the last week of August, which is basically the last week of summer. That’s sad, but also great because I’m so sick of all the heat and the sweating. Anyway, let’s shake things up a bit. This week is a mystery round! Sort of. You’ll see.

I want to put the spotlight on our Community Reviews! For those who don’t know, these are reviews written by Tom’s Hardware community members. They graciously volunteer their time to bring you these reviews about some of their favorite games, so give them a read and let the authors know what you think! We only have a handful right now, but there are more being worked on and we’re always looking for more volunteers!

Now, for the shaking up of the things. We are going to give away one of two games—and you will get to choose which one! You’ll be choosing between ”Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons” and ”Gone Home”, two games that both have a community review written for it so be sure to read them if you’re not familiar with the games.

Here’s how can enter for a chance to win:

1) There’s a poll! Make your voice heard by voting for the game that you want us to give away this week!
2) This part is important. In a sentence or two, tell us which one you picked and why. Who knows, maybe one of the reviews helped to make up your mind. If you don’t leave a comment, you won’t be eligible to win!

Now here’s the mystery: There will be a total of four winners for this week. Three will be randomly selected from eligible participants (the ones who leave a comment) and one will be selected by a mystery guest. Who is the guest? How will they make their selection? That's part of the mystery.

Contest will run until 12 PM EDT on Friday, August 28st. That’s 12:00 noon. Winners will receive their prize via Steam gifts; a Steam account is required to receive and to play the game. One entry per user. Attempts to cheat the system will result in automatic disqualification.

Be sure to join our Steam group! The group is nearing 1,000 members, and we’ve got a great surprise planned for that, so help us reach that goal faster by inviting your friends!

We’re actively looking for volunteers to write community reviews for games, so if you’re interested, please reach out to me for more details.

Clamyboy74

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Picked tale of 2 brothers because its run on unreal engine, which also runs some of my favorite iOS apps like Vain Glory and all of the Infinity Blade games.

jsgrant31

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I picked Gone Home. I remember watching the trailer when it came out, and the mystery was very attractive/intriguing to me. The trailer had good music, and I thought it would combine with the atmosphere fairly well to create an immersive game. I sat there watching it actually wanting to find out what had happened. For an exploration game that's not as action packed as your typical title, I thought the devs did a really good job advertising it and I imagined the game would be well put together.

mihail

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
A tale of 2 Sons - because I am curious how a controller may be better than a keyboard (see the review) and because it can be played in under 4 hours. Also Gone Home graphics may be good for saving some electricity but usually I prefer to relax when I play and not to squint my eyes to see if there is something in the shadows.

Well for some reason I am not allowed to vote, there is no option it just shows me the results.

But I would have picked Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons. I seen a popular YouTuber playing it a long time ago and it just seemed like a good story driven game. However both games I would never buy as they are not games I would normally play, but hey if it is free...

ed: nevermind it let me vote after commenting.

sky5hr0ud

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
I picked Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons since I have heard many things about it online and I am curious to see if its a good game.

zahoome

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, because controlling two characters at once sounds a lot more interesting than going around looking for random objects to poke/prod/eat and hoping it expands on a story.

EXPO 01010

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Act of Aggression is my choice. I love the old Command & Conquer games and Act of Aggression looks like a modern re-make of the Generals series!

Bhuel Buss

Reputable
May 19, 2015
I picked Gone Home, mainly because I love this type of game where you have to explore environments, find clues and missing items. I play these on my phone all of the time. And this has received awesome reviews, really want to try it out.

vvekyv

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I've picked Brothers because it's supposed to be an excellent game, and I can relate to stories about two brothers :)

jdon

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
I voted for Gone Home here primarily because I already used my money to vote for Brothers. That said, I wouldn't be taking the time to do this if the environment of Gone Home didn't also look appealing, and if I didn't already have Brothers, I'd be happy with either. Thanks again for the giveaways!

Kennyy Evony

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Brothers - a tale of two sons is my choice. I grew up with a brother and we never had any real adventures so this could be interesting to see how and "what could have been" if we all lived in a story setting. Also the graphics look good and im willing to try something different. I haven't played games in a while so I need a distraction from daily work routine.