Can't login using PIN on surface anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBargo

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
I set a pin on my surface during technical preview. It worked until windows 10 went live and I updated my desktop. PIN works on my desktop, but it requires my password on the surface?

I tried to reset the security policies, but the option does not exist on the surface. I do however see red text saying "some policies on this PC are preventing some options from being shown." What policies is this referring to?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hello,

The policy you are referring to are security policies that are enforced through Exchange Active Sync (EAS) and come from syncing a Corporate Exchange Mail System. These policies can impact how long before the mobile device (phone or tablet) goes to a lock screen, if a PIN or Picture Password can be used to log into the Windows RT Device. These are configured by your Mail Administrator and/or Corporate IT Security Team.

You can try to remove that error message by going to Control Panel, User Accounts, and click "Reset Security Policies"

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

The policy you are referring to are security policies that are enforced through Exchange Active Sync (EAS) and come from syncing a Corporate Exchange Mail System. These policies can impact how long before the mobile device (phone or tablet) goes to a lock screen, if a PIN or Picture Password can be used to log into the Windows RT Device. These are configured by your Mail Administrator and/or Corporate IT Security Team.

You can try to remove that error message by going to Control Panel, User Accounts, and click "Reset Security Policies"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.