Windows 10 Activation and Firewall are not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

acfx2k

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my computer via free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, and I cannot activate the built-in firewall after a hard drive error (which is fixed now). The reason for the error was some cable management I wanted to change, and after the error Windows 10 was deactivated and I haven't reactivated it yet. Reactivation of Windows may be needed to use the firewall, and that could be the easy solution. To activate Windows 10 the prompt says "Go to the Windows store and check for a code", but every time I open the store application it immediately crashes with error "{Application Crashed}" and error code "0xlx". Microsoft says to call if any hardware changes were made, but I was wondering there is an easier solution.

Computer Specs:
AMD-FX 8350
EVGA 750 TI FTW Edition
Asus M5A99X EVO 2.0
12 GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair cx600 psu

Thanks

Solution
Windows 10 activation is tied to the hardware configuration in which it was initially installed. If its mechanism for detecting hardware changes is tripped, you must call Microsoft support to have it reactivated. It is not too difficult to do, though your mileage may vary depending on your region.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Windows 10 activation is tied to the hardware configuration in which it was initially installed. If its mechanism for detecting hardware changes is tripped, you must call Microsoft support to have it reactivated. It is not too difficult to do, though your mileage may vary depending on your region.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.