How to cancel windows 10 from download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Windows started downloading in the background a few days ago. After 24 hours it finally finished, so i clicked "Ok Let's Go" to upgrade but it said "Somthing went wrong please try again later." and my pc is running much slower. This has been going on for littler over 24 hours. I am assuming it's still installing in the background. How do I get it to stop installing and wipe any data it has stored on my laptop (If any).

Here are my laptop specifications

CPU - AMD A10-7300 1.90 GHz
RAM - 8.00 GB
Current OS - Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thanks!

Solution
1. Disable the Windows Update service

Open command prompt as admin and run command .. net stop wuauserv

2. Uninstall update KB3035583

3. Delete all files from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder

4. Enable the Windows Update service

Open command prompt as admin and run command .. net start wuauserv

5. Now check Windows Update and when you see the KB entry, right-click and choose hide and you won't see it agian, unless you reactivate hidden updates.

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

Thanks I just finished installing as I posted this. After this experience I am a bit pissed at Windows 10, which is unjustified but the last two days that upgrade has destroyed my performance. So I clicked cancel when it asked me if I want to upgrade. Now I have to wait for another downloading bar to finish (cleaning up files). Damn you Windows 10

Thanks for the help though!!

1. Disable the Windows Update service

Open command prompt as admin and run command .. net stop wuauserv

2. Uninstall update KB3035583

3. Delete all files from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads folder

4. Enable the Windows Update service

Open command prompt as admin and run command .. net start wuauserv

5. Now check Windows Update and when you see the KB entry, right-click and choose hide and you won't see it agian, unless you reactivate hidden updates.

Solution

Command Center

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

Windows just asked me to accept the standard over sized list of rule and regulations to start downloading windows 10. I had second thoughts (I want to wait a bit longer) so I clicked "Cancel" . for the last hour a loading window has come up saying cleaning up file this should only take a few minutes. What is this and should it take this long.

Thanks for the help!!

Here are my laptop specifications

CPU - AMD A10-7300 1.90 GHz
RAM - 8.00 GB
Current OS - Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.