Questions about a Surround setup (Bezels, angles, suggestions)

Mtshaw113

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Im thinking of getting some monitors for a surround setup. After searching on Newegg for awhile, I found that its hard to find any good cheap monitors that have a slim bezel, HDMI and/or DisplayPort, and are under $150 (I would prefer about $120). For anyone that has a Surround setup, do the bezels make that much of a difference when playing games (In and out of Surround mode as some games dont support it and what not)? I'm also a corner desk, should I have the side monitors parallel with the wall, or angled out towards me or angled back towards the wall? And finally, does anyone have any suggestions for monitors or whatever else? Thanks

Solution
take a look into the acer h236hl bid. I have it right now. you can usually find them refurb on ebay for 100-110. I've seen people use them for surround a lot because the bezel is small/kinda nonexistent on the sides. I have 2 and I like them for the price a lot. there are better but you really cant beat the price (I don't think)
It's depends on how sensitive you are to the Bezels. I use 3x 1080p monitors and its not a big deal to me at all. Your will be mostly focused on middle screen and I often fall to notice it. The angles are mostly a preference as well. I prefer to have the screens wrap around me more than most people do with the two outside screens being more perpendicular for that reason. I wouldn't get TN panels as the poor viewing angles will become an issue in surround.

I have three of these:
Acer G7 G237HLbi Black 23" 6ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight Tilt Adjustable LCD Monitor IPS 250 cd/m2 DCR 100,000,000:1 (1,000:1) , http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-009-627

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
take a look into the acer h236hl bid. I have it right now. you can usually find them refurb on ebay for 100-110. I've seen people use them for surround a lot because the bezel is small/kinda nonexistent on the sides. I have 2 and I like them for the price a lot. there are better but you really cant beat the price (I don't think)

Solution