DVI-I DualLink Adapter to VGA doesn't work.

anast

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
I have an issue with using DVI-I DualLink Adapter to a zotac 960 amp (with dvi-i dual link) and old crt monitor. It says "No signal" but I tried to connect the dvi adapter to an old gpu and it worked.

Specs:
* I5 4460
* Asus h81m-k
* EVGA 500B
* G.Skill 4GB 1600mhz X2
* Zotac GTX 960 AMP!

Solution
DVI-I, it should as that passes both digital and analog through the same connector. Could be due to the dual-link, but that shouldn't matter. If you have 2 DVI outs, try using it in the other one. There could be one DVI-D and one DVI-I. DVI-D doesn't pass analog signals, so it won't work. Your adapter should have a flat pin surrounded by 4 pins on the left and 2 sets of 9 pins on the right with a space in the middle. That's a DVI-I single link. That's the one you want.

sirstinky

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
DVI-I, it should as that passes both digital and analog through the same connector. Could be due to the dual-link, but that shouldn't matter. If you have 2 DVI outs, try using it in the other one. There could be one DVI-D and one DVI-I. DVI-D doesn't pass analog signals, so it won't work. Your adapter should have a flat pin surrounded by 4 pins on the left and 2 sets of 9 pins on the right with a space in the middle. That's a DVI-I single link. That's the one you want.

Solution