will i be able to operate case fan via mobo if i stuck those using psu fan header ?

sam002fc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
my psu is TT smart S£ 530w and has one fan connector and molex fan ports are joined with that wire
so will be able to control my case fans i have 2 of them if i connect it with psu molex ports and finally plugged the fan header which came along with the psu and stuck it on the mobo fan header :)
thanks

Solution
That 4 pin connector on the same daisy chain with the Molex connectors is NOT a fan connector. Do NOT plug that into a fan header. You may kill your board if you do. That is an old legacy connector for floppy drives.
The CPU FAN header is for the CPU cooler's fan only. Use the sys fan or cha fan headers on you motherboard for case fans. You can use up to two case fans per header with a splitter if needed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That 4 pin connector on the same daisy chain with the Molex connectors is NOT a fan connector. Do NOT plug that into a fan header. You may kill your board if you do. That is an old legacy connector for floppy drives.
The CPU FAN header is for the CPU cooler's fan only. Use the sys fan or cha fan headers on you motherboard for case fans. You can use up to two case fans per header with a splitter if needed.

Solution