XBOX Controller is far better than PS4 Controller, proven beyond any doubt.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Boeing, one of the largest military contractors in the world recently developed a laser that targets drones, well to control that laser Boeing opted for an XBOX controller of all the things (not a keyboard and mouse lol, not a PS4 controller and certainly not a steering wheel from Logitech).

If US Army is using XBOX Controller to target the enemies how can we argue for any other form of control.

Here's the link

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/28/boeing-portable-drone-laser/

Vynavill

Honorable
Personally, I think these kind of news are pretty much like small, energy-saving lightbulbs disguised as ludicrously huge neon signs.
Boeing decided to use an XBOX 360 controller for their new torchlight toy, so what? Looks as an extremely logical conclusion if the guide system runs on a MS OS: the controller is easy to find, easy to use, comfortable enough for any grip on prolonged periods of time and can be found for extremely cheap prices; adding up, MS practically supports it natively from 7 and above (maybe even Vista).

DS3/4 controllers require extra hoops to go through, and the emulation isn't always the best, as it can add additional delay over the already present one (and you ABSOLUTELY don't want that on an army weapon), while other peripherals may require additional software or may not meet the requirements.

For us gamers, I think it just boils down to a matter of taste and personal experience. Having been over both sides, in my case for example, the Xbox 360 controller is indeed the best, but it's just me.
DS3 requires extra hoops and isn't worth it, with the same applying for DS4, albeit hoops are definetly easier to jump through, while the XBO controller's slightly slimmer and more squared form factor makes it a bit annoying on my hands.

IMTECH

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Well said, but why is this topic in the "PC Gaming" part of the forum?

Vynavill

Honorable
Perhaps it's because the main detail the OP decided to highlight has to do with joypad peripherals, which pretty much relates to gaming 9 times out of 10.
Besides, brand wars always fit with any category, and this has the serious potential of becoming one :)

I agree something more general would have been better in this case, tho.

It depends.

http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2015/08/28/i-finally-tried-a-ps4-and-realized-how-behind-the-xbox-one-is/

I really dig the Xbox One controller — it’s a great improvement on a timeless design — but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the PlayStation’s controller.

It’s more comfortable to hold for longer, is much smaller and feels less like a plastic toy.