can MSI GTX 960 run triple monitor when gaming?

Alois_trancy

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
hi guys soon ill upgrade my gpu to gtx960 4g can it run triple moniter set up? im also freelance designer doing some editing with multiple software at a time. hope can help me out *sorry for bad english xD

Solution
If you have a 4GB version, you'll be able to just about do it. I tried running three monitors off a single GTX760 4GB and I could maintain decent fps in FarCry3 at medium settings. I don't think you'll be so lucky with modern games though.

So technically, yes you can and you'll be able to game on all three. Will it give you an immersive experience that you expect from a triple-monitor set up - not really.

A good middle-ground would be to get a 1080p ultrawide monitor (21:9 aspect). I went from three screens to one of those and the area that you lose isn't wholly noticeable, but at the same time it's not much harder to run than a standard 1080p monitor.

raytsou

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
theoretically, it can. But practically? No. You'll have to lower your settings for that to work, it's not a very powerful graphics card, but handles 1080p just fine. With three monitors, it'll be pushed pretty hard. I'd recommend atleast sli 970's to play at decent settings with good framerates.

Alois_trancy

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014

ohhh thats bad, looks like i shud just go with single monitor xd

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
or u could not use all 3 monitors to game use the other two for multitasking and the center one only to game then u would be fine unless u run a demanding program in another monitor while u are running a game

zarugal

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
If you have a 4GB version, you'll be able to just about do it. I tried running three monitors off a single GTX760 4GB and I could maintain decent fps in FarCry3 at medium settings. I don't think you'll be so lucky with modern games though.

So technically, yes you can and you'll be able to game on all three. Will it give you an immersive experience that you expect from a triple-monitor set up - not really.

A good middle-ground would be to get a 1080p ultrawide monitor (21:9 aspect). I went from three screens to one of those and the area that you lose isn't wholly noticeable, but at the same time it's not much harder to run than a standard 1080p monitor.

Solution

toshaga

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2015
If you are getting gtx 960 4 GB version, for that prize better get the r9 380 4gb. It is more powerful than the 960 and it will do better. Ofcorse if you are not a nvidia fanboy and you have enought power supply.

Alois_trancy

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014

i love nvidia card cuz low tdp and nice temperature, if r9 380 4gb can run tri monitor maybe i just go with it.