boot camp help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigeorge2312

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
hi when i am trying to bootcamp my mac using a windows 10 iso file, it gets about the third of the way and says "your bootable usb drive could not be created. an error occured while copying the windows installation files". i have tried to unmount it in disk utility but therre is nothing to unmount please help a video would be apprecited

ps im runnning the latest version of yosemite and my mac is mid 2012

Solution
Hi,
METHOD 1

Step 1: With default settings, the mounted ISO appears on the desktop. Simply right-click on the mounted drive and then click Eject “file name” to unmount the ISO file. That’s it!

Once the ISO is unmounted, you can launch Boot Camp to partition the hard drive and prepare the bootable USB.

METHOD 2

Go for this method if the above method is not working for you.

Step 1: Open Disk Utility. To do so, click Launchpad icon in the dock, click Others and then click Disk Utility.

Alternatively, you can use the Spotlight search to open Disk Utility.

Step 2: In the left-pane of Disk Utility, right-click on the mounted ISO file and then click Eject”ISO file name” to unmount the ISO file. That’s it!

Your bootable USB...

7malligk

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Hi,
METHOD 1

Step 1: With default settings, the mounted ISO appears on the desktop. Simply right-click on the mounted drive and then click Eject “file name” to unmount the ISO file. That’s it!

Once the ISO is unmounted, you can launch Boot Camp to partition the hard drive and prepare the bootable USB.

METHOD 2

Go for this method if the above method is not working for you.

Step 1: Open Disk Utility. To do so, click Launchpad icon in the dock, click Others and then click Disk Utility.

Alternatively, you can use the Spotlight search to open Disk Utility.

Step 2: In the left-pane of Disk Utility, right-click on the mounted ISO file and then click Eject”ISO file name” to unmount the ISO file. That’s it!

Your bootable USB drive could not be created error in Boot Camp

Try running Boot Camp now to create the bootable USB of Windows without the error.

Hope this Helps,

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.