Where should I post my question about lack of "Best Picks" updates and not have it removed?

icerider

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
So far it's almost 2 full months of no updates to any "Best Picks" without any comment from Toms Staff. I have posted questions about it twice and both times had them removed with no comment to me? What gives?

barto

Expert
Ambassador
Oh I see. I'd bet they were waiting until Intel released Skylake CPUs. They may be waiting until the full lineup comes out. This isn't uncommon. There have been multiple times over the past years where Tom's didn't release the articles about "Best of". There's little reason to if new product isn't released. If you read the articles for the price/performance discussion, you're just wasting time. The prices don't change very often in the CPU world. GPUs do but again, the information is invalid shortly after the article is released.

icerider

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008

agreed. But 2 1/2 months with NONE of the 7 best ofs being updated (under Best Picks on home page) without any comment?
Also why would they delete posts about it?

barto

Expert
Ambassador
2.5 months without a post, nothing abnormal. Now that there's new stuff coming out they'll be one soon. I feel like the same thing happened last summer. Just don't fret it. There are different groups. The Mods don't actually right the articles. That's a completely different group. They could be busy or heaven's forbid the go on vacation since it is the summer time.

As for deleting the threads, probably because there's little reason to post out about.