More problems with Windows 10 Hanging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetblst

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Initially did the email install not the clean install. Had problems. Then did the clean install all worked great for a week. Then perhaps and update or install of a new software? Who knows. Back to hanging problems. So I thought I could revert back to Windows 8.1. Nope that option wiped out. So I thought ok clean install of windows 8.1 Nope requires product key wiped out by install of Windows 10. I have a Toshiba Laptop Sattellite and I checked over at Toshiba to see if my model supports Windows 10 which I should have done in the beginning. It does kinda support it with certain updates. Tried those. Nope still have hangs. Deleted suspected updates as a last ditch. I cannot delete three of the last Microsoft Updates of 8/27 time frame. About had it. Gallon of gas and a match coming up for this Trashiba peace of crap. No product keys? Read where you can get it in the BIOS etc blah blah but not for this model. Went back to try to do the update sent sent by windows from my gmail. That email is not in my email folder anymore. Ok. Any ideas? I am willing to try fixes but I need to do something ASAP this is my work computer.

jetblst

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Thanks for answering my question Dunlop.

What was happening was about every 5 minutes, the computer would lock. Then it would let me do a few commands then lock. Over and over.

So I figured there had to be something with my install, or updates, or what have you. I had performed the install option where you allow all the files, updates, settings etc to to not be erased up until that point.

I started to suspect there must be something Windows 10 was not compatible with.

I decided to go ahead and purchase a key, and have Windows 10 make the media tool and do a clean/fresh install allowing a "wipe" if you will of my disk. (Note: I did contact Toshiba and they certified my laptop is Windows 10 compliant.)

After backing up my data, (files, pics, software, etc) I went ahead with the nuclear option and started fresh from scratch and allowed Windows 10 to erase all my files.

I have since re-installed all my programs, and data and I am running error free and as others have stated very fast. I also sprung for a copy of O&O defrag actually one of their bundle packages and after 3 defrag runs, all is very well, very fast and I consider this solved.

Thanks so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.