Install Microsoft Office on secondary hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxarini

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I have two hard drives in my pc. One is a small ssd for windows and the other is a large HDD for all of my programs and games.

I want office to be installed on my HDD

I bought office and downloaded the setup file but when I run it, I get no options or anything.

As soon as I open it it installs office to my ssd but I want it on the HDD.

How do I install it on my HDD?

Solution

Hello,

It would be best to leave it on your SSD, to ensure the application will run properly.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

During the installation of Microsoft Office, don't accept the default location, choose instead 'Custom' or 'Advanced', and specify the drive and folder where you want it to be installed. No registry editing needed. This should help you install your MS office application on your HDD.

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hello,

Which version of MS office are you currently trying to install?

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hello,

Unfortunately, the latest version of Office that uses Click-to-run deployment technology does not allow users to choose the path of installation. This feature wasn't available however for the older versions, such as MS office 2003, 2007, 2010 and even MS office professional 2013, these versions allowed users to choose the path of installation.

For your reference:

Here is a detailed description of the feature"Click-to-run" via https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219427(v=office.15)

Maxarini

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to find this for me. I really appreciate it! So do you think there is any way at all to install it on my HDD or will I just have to keep it on the ssd?

Slashgeek

Admirable

Hello,

It would be best to leave it on your SSD, to ensure the application will run properly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.