Received an email from Tom's automated email service of a reply notifcation from someone elses thread

Thanks Tom's, I never would have known. :D

kvlGI0w.jpg

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Update on the situation!

So, our devs wanted to roll out some changes and improvements to the notification system. It's been wonky in the past and we want things to work for you! Unfortunately, there have been a number of unforeseen bugs that popped up. Over the past few days, users may have experienced a lack of email notifications and, more recently, getting email notifications on their own posts! That's pretty annoying.

The dev team has since rolled back the updates and are in the process of figuring out exactly what is causing these issues. They've assured me that they will try to avoid pushing this update out again before it's all worked out, but these things don't always go as planned and issues can arise despite our best efforts. If we end up breaking something again, just let me know and we'll get to fixing it right away :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks! will let you know if anything else spoils my day / kidding ;). I reckon the devs have done a good job, its been pretty smooth so far but besides the minor talking to yourself crazy like. Maybe in future when doing updates maybe just give a heads'up, the Tom's folk would support/help the devs where they can.

Your "dev team" ... words fail me... So if something was "wonky in the past, then the way to fix it is to wonk it more? :)

4KDaQOG.png