Which of these 2 monitors should I buy?

ReconSAS7

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
I am trying to get a new monitor, well 2 new monitors of the same kind, and I have narrowed it down to these two
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236327
and
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HSKSMI/ref=pe_316600_148840670_pe_epc__1p_2_ti

I will be running it on a pretty good rig and right now the artsy part of me wants the white one because it will match the setup and theme (white and neon blue) but I am not sure. Or maybe there is another monitor that is better. Trying to keep it in the <200 range so i dont completly break the bank.
So what are your thoughts or is there a better monitor you would recommend?

Solution

If size is what you're looking for, then what master recommends would be an ok deal. But based...

Froggman

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

If size is what you're looking for, then what master recommends would be an ok deal. But based on his recommendation, he is into color and size which leads me to believe he is mainly a movie guy. Depends what you're doing with it. You say a pretty good rig; I'm assuming that means gaming of some sort. A 6ms response time is horrible. And of the two you picked would be great with a 1ms response. The contrast ratio on the Asus is up there, so thats good. The resolution on both is fine, many computers even decent ones, and internet providers, wont give you the benefit of anything beyond 1080p so no point in wasting money on anything beyond that. ** I don't see what frame-rate they offer, so thats something you wanna look into!! ** Dont waste time going for a 144 framerate, cause for that price you are going to loose out on a lot of other things. But aside from that, I would say both look like a great bang for the buck. For >200 could you do better? Probably a little, but you are in that price range where gaming monitors and media monitors are all going to be not too much different so I wouldn't pull your hair out too much looking for the best of the best you can get for $200. If it were me, I would be perfectly happy with either you picked, provided the frame rate was enough, cause I am big into gaming. Hope I helped!

Solution