Clean Install recommended after upgrade from clean windows 8.1 pro installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard_ware

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015
I have a new rig and made a clean install with Win 8.1 Pro.
After that I directly upgraded to Win 10 Pro within running system.

Are there any advantages to do now a clean Windows 10 installation?

Thanks for advice.

Solution
One advantage I can think of is that some people have been running into driver issues so if you clean install and find drivers from the manufacture's website then you may be able to avoid those problems.
Personally everything has been running smoothly for me on two computers so I haven't felt the need to clean install.
One thing you might try if you haven't already is do a disk cleanup which will delete your Windows 8 files and some other stuff. If your not going back then might as well save an extra ~20Gbs.

Mankar Kameran

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
One advantage I can think of is that some people have been running into driver issues so if you clean install and find drivers from the manufacture's website then you may be able to avoid those problems.
Personally everything has been running smoothly for me on two computers so I haven't felt the need to clean install.
One thing you might try if you haven't already is do a disk cleanup which will delete your Windows 8 files and some other stuff. If your not going back then might as well save an extra ~20Gbs.

Solution

Hard_ware

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015
For the upgrade within the running Win 8.1 System only 3GB were downloaded whereas a clean install from USB Stick needs around 6GB.
Does that mean an upgrade within the running system - as in my case described above - ends up with different operating files or drivers etc?
If yes I will consider a new clean install otherwise I just leave it as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.