Need driver for Dell OptiPlex 3010 "PCI Device"

Lyrlem

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I have used Acronis Backup to restore the image of a nine year old Windows XP Professional machine onto a Dell Optiplex 3010. From the Dell website, I've managed to identify and install all the drivers except one. The Device Manager shows a "PCI Device" missing its driver:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_05851028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&D8
PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0

This system connects to a LAN router without internet access, so I can't use the Dell SupportAssist program. No one at my workplace knows the logon information for our router with internet access (we have an IT contractor, but if possible it would be nice to solve this without having to call in the contractor). Any idea what driver the system needs?

Lyrlem

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Acronis Backup's Universal Restore partially installed the chipset drivers to get the computer to boot.

Once the computer was booting, I first installed the drivers for the graphics and ethernet (since I was able to identify those easily). Then I installed the "Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer" (which cleared the "PCI Simple Communications Controller" missing a driver), and finally the "Intel Chipset Driver" (which cleared the "SM Bus Controller" missing a driver).

Do you think the order I did the installs in is what is causing the problem?

Lyrlem

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I did run that audio driver install after Googling the PCI\VEN string and having audio results turn up. It didn't have any effect on the Found New Hardware Wizard popup or on error showing in Device Manager.

Thank you for matching up the Device ID to the Audio Controller. If this "PCI Device" is something to do with audio, I may just set it to ignore: this computer won't have any speakers.

As of now, without internet access, I can not think about anything else.

When you get internet access, and if unable to fix the issue, try DriverMax, you don't have to buy it, it gives you 2 free driver updates per day or so, it saved me in similar situation with hard to find driver. Just be very careful with it, as it can give you a lot of updates, but you need to look for missing one only.

And if PC works otherwise, let it be.

Actually, do you have at work any other same model PCs, you can get drivers from them with driver back up utility.